Bisphenol Found In Plastic Bottles Kills Sperm
I have said for a long time that if you can smell the plastic of a plastic bottle, then you are going to ingest the plastic that the bottle is made of.
Have you ever noticed how vile-tasting some plastic bottles are? Just to put a bottle to your lips is enough to transmit that acrid, bitter, invasive plastic.
Putting warm or nearly hot food in a plastic container is even more of a bad idea.
But hang on a moment - this surely isn't the first time I have heard about Bisphenol A....
Oh yes, it's all coming back to me. It was the Nalgene bottle scare back in 2008 before they took bisphenol A out of their bottles, as reported in a million sites including this one:
So what is 'new' in 2010?
Can any manufacturer say in 2010 that 'Oh my, we didn't know it was dangerous.'Amplify’d from www.washingtonpost.com
A controversial chemical found in plastic bottles, soda cans and many other common products appears to adversely affect sperm in men, according to new research.
The study of more than 200 Chinese factory workers found that those who were exposed to bisphenol A, or BPA, were more likely to have lower sperm counts and poorer sperm quality. The study, published in the journal Fertility and Sterility, is the first to produce evidence that the chemical could adversely affect sperm quality in humans.
"This adds additional human evidence that BPA is bad," said De-Kun Li, a reproductive and perinatal epidemiologist at Kaiser Permanente's Division of Research in Oakland, Calif., who conducted the study with funds from the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health. "The general public should probably try to avoid exposure to BPA as much as they can."
After long maintaining that BPA is safe, the Food and Drug Administration in January reversed itself, saying it was concerned about the compound's health risks, especially in the development of fetuses, infants and young people.
In the meantime, many manufacturers have pledged to take BPA out of baby bottles, water bottles and other products, and a handful of jurisdictions across the country have banned BPA from baby products.
Read more at www.washingtonpost.com